Watercolor painting - 14. 4. 2018 (10:00 - 16:00) 1500 CZK
"The painter must know at first that the true is hidden in subtlety."
As part of the Watercolor painting course, we will learn about watercolor painting techniques, showcase the possibilities that this kind of painting offers, how to prepare the paper before painting, and how to adjust the resulting painting. A watercolor is often referred to as the "most difficult" painting technique, as it does not offer much space for repairs, such as oil painting, but with us you can beautifully handle the watercolor painting and you do not have to be worry about it. Painting course is held in the creative atmosphere of the art studio, on warmer days we will go to paint into the Riegrovy sady, where we study space and colorfulness of the landscape.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- How much? Membership fee C (1500 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org or Registration and prices
- Prepared dates: 14. 4., 24. 6., 29.7. 2018
- Plein air painting at Divoká Šárka: 19. 5., 9. 6. 2018 (utilities are not included)
Take with you to the plein air: folding chair or seating mat / blanket, watercolors, brushes, cup for water, watercolor papers,
Watercolor painting course for beginners and intermediate:
- familiarising with the technique of watercolor painting, with its history, with materials
- stretching watercolor paper on wood panel, "painting in the wet"
- exploring watercolor paints, color theory, painting flowers
- painting to dry, drawing (pencil, ink) and watercolor painting subject, a natural material
- appreciation and chatting about paintings, watercolor adjustment (how to expose watercolor on paper at home)
- work with color without using white and black colors, learn to use the substrate / paper color and layering colors
- painting on a dry and wet substrate
- using substrate paint and watercolor coating
- using of other techniques such as masking liquids, ink, drawing materials
- working in the studio, flower painting, still life, landscapes and animals
Watercolor painting course for advanced:
- familiarizing yourself with spatial life, which will have more plans and color shades
- large format paper painting, more consistent techniques for both water and colors, and the shapes of objects and the integrity of the entire paper surface
- creating space on paper, even if the objects overlap
- working with free handwriting and work on wet paper, relaxing and inspiring with random shapes and spirited tones
- working in the plenary and studio
- free transition from watercolor to gouache, we will learn to use white color
- working on free and assigned topics, more individual approach
- understanding the illusions of space
Plein air painting at Divoká Šárka:
We will go to Divoká Šárka, where we will learn the basics of watercolor painting in the plein air and we will gradually develop these skills. We will try to paint the entire landscape, rocks, forests and the creek. We will learn to capture the present moment in the landscape and the overall atmosphere. We will show you different ways of working with space, learn how to work with the perspective of the landscape and its plans. By observing, we will see how is gradually open the view of light nuances and shades of color, and at the same time deepen our knowledge of the composition of the image.
Take with you to the plein air:
- folding chair or seating mat / blanket
- watercolors, brushes, cup for water
- watercolor papers
Paint a picture with watercolors! Watercolor technique can be traced back to ancient times. Already prehistoric painters used color pigment combined with water or grease for painting in caves. Create also your color!
Application form - reserve your place in the course today!
Please fill in the information below:
- trial lesson
- fine art studio
- art school
- Morning courses drawing and painting - parents and children
- preparation for entrance exams
- street art
- Drawing and painting for kids
- Semestral courses for kids
- application form
- pictures of custom
- conditions of studying
- Gift voucher
- About us
Kontaktujte nás! :)
Výtvarný ateliér Malování kreslení
Balbínova 28, Praha 2
tel: 777 422 022