Manga – Introduction to Japanese comics - (10:00 - 16:00) - 1500 CZK - coming soon
"Lets get to the mysteries of creating Japanese comics…"
What is Manga? Manga is a name for Japanese comics. By current statistics about 450 000 000 Manga novels are being sold in Japan every year (this doesn’t include Manga-magazines, comic notebooks and comics sold as e-book). With such a great popularity an inspiration by Japanese drawing style rises, not only on Japanese islands, but also towards West, what leads to so called West Manga, printed for example in Europe and USA, which frequently looses it´s visual quality. With a growing popularity it´s important to specify what Manga really is at all, what are it´s characteristics and how to choose proper story to read.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (with a break for lunch)
- How much? Membership fee C (1500 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation: email@example.com or Registration and prices
- Preparing dates:
Manga is mainly based on beauty and simplicity of Japanese drawing and Japanese love for stories, which can be tracked for example to medieval ages, for example 12th century. The Stories on scrolls were developed by image series, which were improved by short text. Despite a fact, that Western society got into a touch with Japanese comics as a product during a break between 19th and 20th century, factors which influenced the final look of Manga can be found in rich Japanese art, mainly in graphic and monochrome painting. From the first ilustrated books for children at the beginning of 20th century Manga rapidly got in the bestselling and most popular publications in Japan (and not only for children) but also worldwide.
A good comic artist is able to bring reader into the story the way that he has a feeling that he really hears all what´s going on in the story. Astro Boy, Maki Miyako, Genius Bakabon, Doraemon, Akira, Dragon Ball, Bakuman, Blade of the Immortal, Lone Wolf and Cub and many other comics become popular worldwide. Why is that and how these stories differ from Western narrative understanding? We will try to find an answer for this question on whole-day workshop dedicated to Manga.
What awaits us in a course:
- Introduction to Japanese comics: evolution, the most important historical milestones, authors and their work.
- Finding answer for a question: how does the Japanese comics differ from Western comics?
- Introduction to Manga and Japanese comics rules and “speech”.
- Presentation of interesting samples of different Japanese comics genres and types.
- Creation of a story from text of a Japanese short story.
- Development of visual and narrative skills.
- Constant consultations during practical part
What are we going to learn?
- we will get to know interesting Japanese authors of Manga
- different approaches and processes in comics stories
- basic rules and characteristics of Manga
- how to build comic story
- what is important in creating Manga
- how to do comics phases
- what to not forget in a story finalisation
„Tea room at the three strings“
One story and countless options how to tell it. Participants of a course could use a text of Japanese story (in printed version) and it will totally depend on themselves how will they use the narrative. Will they follow exactly the original version of a text or will they change some parts and tell the story from the end? Would it be modern or maybe futuristic Manga or we would dive into a world of samurais and geishas? How they will approach this theme is totally on themselves, but they should not forget narrative rules which matter in Manga and about which we are going to talk about in the introduction to the course.
Application form - reserve your place in the course today!
- trial lesson
- fine art studio
- art school
- Morning courses drawing and painting - parents and children
- preparation for entrance exams
- street art
- Drawing and painting for kids
- Semestral courses for kids
- application form
- pictures of custom
- conditions of studying
- Gift voucher
- About us
Kontaktujte nás! :)
Výtvarný ateliér Malování kreslení
Balbínova 28, Praha 2
tel: 777 422 022