In just one day each participant will paint his own oil painting on canvas even those who have never painted before.
"Prove that you can do it too. You also have talent. Simply having at least one healthy hand :-). " Jana Laštovičková Grygarová, certified instructor of the course
What is the process of the course like?
At first we will gently pre-draw the contours of the face on the canvas by a pencil – the participants will either get a printed portrait or they can bring their own black and white photography of the face printed on a standard office paper, ideally 2 copies in the size A3.
Then we will start to learn to shadow the portrait by using a synthetic brush and a small amount of standard oil color. The technique is very easy, we will learn how to correctly dose the oil color, put it down and work with particular shades. In terms of material it is an „inexpensive“ technique that will for sure catch your painter's heart.
What is the outcome of the course?
Apart from the knowledge (theoretical as well as practical), each participant will take away his portrait painted on canvas by oil colors. The knowledge of painting by a dry brush can be also applied in classical painting – have you done the underpainting and is it still not it? Let the underpainting dry and make the other layer by the dry brush technique, it is actually kind of glazing as well, softening of the color transitions and edges... You can make the whole painting by the dry brush, or you can make the underpainting, you can combine this technique with another one, e.g. impasto painting. Let yourself play, experiment, search while painting... once the painting is done, all the possible „mistakes and wrong strokes“ will suddenly be in the right place :-)
- Where? Fine Art Studio “Malování kreslení, Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. with a lunch break
- Who? Jana Laštovičková Grygarová
- How much? Membership fee C (1900 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free – canvas, pencil, rubber, oil colors, brushes, pattern etc.
- Reservation is necessary: by submitting the application for you commit yourself to pay the advance deposit 500 CZK within 2 days from receiving the confirmation
- Prepared dates: 23. 3., 18. 5., 15. 9., 24. 11. 2019
We are looking forward to meeting you and we believe that you will discover your painting talent with us!