Landscape Painting – Course of Landscape Oil Painting (10:00 - 17:00), 2500 CZK
Why Should You Start With Landscape Painting?
- Landscape, land, earth is the place where we come from, where we live and spend our entire life on.
- Regardless of whether you paint a landscape from a photography or out in nature, you begin to see the landscape through more sensitive eyes. You begin to appreciate the place as it is, spends more time in the fresh air and begin to see with the heart of a painter.
- By looking at the landscape you're painting, you'll begin to love it. The world that you observing and spend the time to translate into painting will always remain in your memories and on the canvas recorded by your brush strokes.
- Painting the landscape has usually calming effect because landscape doesn't hurry, the landscape just exists and you come to it as an observer.
Landscape Painting has a long tradition in the visual art. Already in the late Gothic style paintings, we can see the interest of various artists in landscape painting, especially in the early Netherlandish painting of Jan van Eyck, Hieronymus Bosch and Albrecht Altdorfer. In the Renaissance, the landscape often appears on the paintings in the form of idealized landscapes. Landscape painting in today's sense was developed in the Baroque period. In the 19th century there were well known European landscape painters like William Turner and Caspar David Friedrich, as well as Bohemian painters like Antonín Chittussi, Julius Mařák, Antonín Slavíček etc.… Impressionist painters shared an interest in painting landscape in the open air.
During the landscape painting course, each participant will get familiar with the principles of landscape painting in the studio and painting landscapes in the country – in the open air. Moreover, everyone will learn how to stretch their own canvas over a frame and learn to apply an isolation coat and varnish on it correctly. Students will get familiar with various tools, different types of paint techniques and basic principles of classic and modern oil painting. During the course, your lecturer will introduce to you a variety of tips and tricks for having a pleasant experience of landscape painting.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (with a break for lunch)
- How much? Membership fee C (2500 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation is necessary: by submitting the application for you commit yourself to pay the advance deposit of 500 CZK within 2 days from receiving the confirmation
- Scheduled dates: 13. 4., 1. 6. 2019
Within a one day course, we will try painting techniques like ala prima, impasto or transparent glaze. Students will become accustomed to using brushes, palette knives, sponges, etc.… We will also show you the paint transfer technique, we'll learn how to combine the paints with various fillers and we’ll become familiar with the pigments and the main color mixing theory and techniques…
- We will discuss the theory of colors and pigments and how to mix them properly (three primary colors + white)
- We will learn how to begin with painting landscape – composition, underpainting, classical and ala prima painting techniques
- We will learn which colors to apply on back and front
- Mastering basic brush and color painting techniques
- The technology of simplifying into basic shapes
- Light and shadow in the landscape
- Perspective (spatial and atmospheric)
- Glazing painting
- Finishing painting and its protection
Course schedule: 10:00 to 4:00 p.m. with a break for lunch
- Introduction and meeting participants
- Theoretical part and underpainting
- Painting and individual consultations
- Final group consultation
It would be good if you had brought a painting that you like with you. You will be using it as an inspiration for your new artwork. As a sample, you can use photography of any landscape or place you've been, print of your favorite landscape painting or natural objects (stones, leaves, twigs). Also, don't forget to bring some snacks… :-)
Application form - reserve your place in the course today!
By submitting the form you agree to our Terms and Conditions
- pictures of custom
- india ink
- preparation for entrance exams
- trial lesson
- summer holiday art camp
- summer course
- fine art studio
- figurative drawing
- Morning courses drawing and painting - parents and children
- Landscape painting – Course of landscape oil painting
- Kids drawing course
- Gift voucher
- Foundation of comics and illustration for kids
- Fashion design course
- Drawing and painting for kids
- Ceramics course for kids
- Preparatory Course for Architecture and Design Exams
- Watercolor course
- drawing painting
- conditions of studying
- art school
- application form
- About us
Těšíme se na komunikaci s Vámi! :)