„Do you paint but sometimes you need advice about mixing the right color to be equal with the original? What colors to mix to make the portrait look like real? Do you keep thinking if you should buy the complete set of colors or would it be enough to have just a few colors? If so, the course „How to mix colors“ is exactly for you.“
Within the course How to mix colors we will get to know the basics of the color theory. We will repeat information that the most of us know from the elementary school: dividing the colors to primary, secondary and tertiary, cold and warm, complementary… and on practical examples, we will be shown how to achieve the space illusion in the landscape such as the aerial perspective by choosing the right hues. Don’t you know what this aerial perspective actually is? No worries, we will explain :)
We will make clear the terms as intensity, luminance or temperature. We will be shown how to work with complementary colors while mixing, how to make the color lighter or less intensive, how the hues change depending on the basic or adjacent color, and how do they influence each other while painting a portrait. Did you know that there is nothing like a „body color“? :)
Each participant will take away his own sheet – instructions to mix colors of the landscape, portrait or still life. We will be recommended which colors to buy to be able to get the full color spectrum.
Working with acrylic colors is quick, easy and compared the oil colors there is an undisputed advantage – that they are water soluble and therefore suitable also for those who are allergic to smelly mediums and diluents. The whole workshop will be full of information which you will value in your further creation.
The workshop How to mix colors is led by an experienced teacher – an academic painter, who has practice many year, the target of the program is to forward you the information so that you will be able to immediately use practically while painting, or at least to be able to get the basics automated and apply in your own creative way.
The course is designed for beginners who are starting to paint as well as advanced painters who would like to refresh their knowledge or to learn new techniques.
- Where? Fine Art Studio “Malování kreslení, Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 13:00 - 18:00
- Who? MgA. Aldin Popaja
- How much? Membership fee C (1500 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free – acrylic colors, brushes, papers, printed sheets
- Reservation is necessary: by submitting the application for you commit yourself to pay the advance deposit 500 CZK within 2 days from receiving the confirmation
- Prepared dates: 31. 3., 26. 5. 2019
Schedule of the course How to mix colors:
- initiation, getting to know with the participants of the course and with the art studio
- Theoretical part with projection of the examples
- Color mixing and creation of the learning sheet
- Final consultation