"Lets discover together with us comics as a medium,
glance into the rules of creating of comics and lets break those rules!"
A course of comics - during the course, we will gradually learn how to understand comics as a medium of communication and stories. All the topics are designed to bring new experience in the field of structuring a comics story. Through the course you can look into the comics itself, you will learn how to design your own comics and interesting comic character for your readers. You will also familiarize yourself with the variety of visual possibilities of comics and discover how to write your story, how to work with the space and time, and eventually how to trasfer your ideas and stories to comics.
And because even the great theoretician of comics Thierry Groensteen said: “The diversity of what can be qualified as comics is so wide, that it is nearly impossible to define some defining criterion, that could be used generally.” There is an immense number of options, how to write and visually arrange your comic story, so everyone must discover the most suitable way, how to do it. This course aims to help you with that.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? Thursdays 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. / 19 lessons / 120 min
- How much? A membership fee A (6800 CZK)
- Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org or Registration and prices
Main topics of the course of comics:
- The introduction to the comics: What is it and how to start with writing and drawing
- How to design characters of the story
- How to write and draw good prologie
- Space and time in comics
- Work with the time in the comics story: the present
- Work with the time in the comics story: the past and memories
- Work with the time in the comics story: the future
- System of emotions in the comics
- The comics story as a whole
- Comics diary and comics on the web