"Are you trying to draw or paint home portraits from photos, looking in books or online tutorials to capture the face to get "similar result"? You already know concepts such as perspective, ceiling, perspective, proportion, composition, shading, but how to work with them in the actual painting? What to watch out for, what are the basic rules and guidelines in drawing and painting the portrait? Have you ever tried to paint a portrait of a live model as do the real artists? The course is designed for those who like to be able to draw or paint. For those who are beginners but also advanced, who want to learn new concepts and combine information into practical context... Workshop drawing portrait is also suitable as preparation for talent tests."
Program of the course - or what awaits us in the studio ?
The entire course is devoted to painting portrait by live model. Who would want to, can paint by the photos. It should, however, be of sufficient quality and beautifully printed (or laptop), face on it would have at least about 15 cm. Shoot on natural soft light, no flash.
- We discuss the construction of a draw individual parts, so as to properly fit in the whole.
- We will tell you something about the possibilities of composition of portrait and start with drawing the composition on canvas.
- After fixing we do either acrylic underpainting, or we will paint directly alla prima.
- We'll tell you about the properties of each color.
- We discuss blending skin tones, explain how to avoid the most common mistakes, how to avoid switch.
- All things for the paintings will be available in the studio, but if you bring your own colors, or your favorite brushes and palette you will definitely not go wrong.
- According to the speed and style of each participant can either catch a finished painting, or vice versa just to try the procedure on the most interesting part of the composition.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. with a break for lunch
- How much? Membership fee C (2500 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org or Registration and prices
- Prepared dates: 28. 5., 24. 9., 26. 11. 2017
As part of the lesson you will explain the basic drawing and painting procedures, training is conducted as a group with a strong emphasis on individual consultation, which always takes place always between you and the teacher. Our studio and its teachers guarante a pleasant creative atmosphere, which is the basis for our teaching.