"Portrait is a visual task that has attracted mankind since the beginning of civilization, let us remember gods and their views on clay rollers, Egyptian portraits, Roman ... Portrait is a chance to look at each other for a long time, stop and don´t hurry, search on its face, expression, figure details, admire them and try them transfer in their distinctive splendor to paper so that the picture was similar as person. You do not have all the details meticulously neat, try briskly insight to transfer what your "model" radiates. Keep him happy all the time, and your image, your hand movements will be record it on paper..."
Are you drawing or trying to paint portraits at home by using photographs, looking in books or on the internet tutorials how to capture the face to get the "similar result"? Concepts such as perspective, ceiling, proportion, composition, shading you already know, but how to work with them in the actual drawing? What to watch out for, what are the basic rules and guidelines by drawing portrait? Have you ever tried to draw a portrait by a live model as it do the real artists?
The course is designed for those who like to be able to draw or paint. For those who are beginners but also advanced, who want to learn new concepts and combine information into practical context... Workshop of drawing portrait is also suitable as preparation for talent tests.
Program of the course - or what awaits us in the studio?
- preparation easel, mounting base plate and a selection of suitable material
- introductory lecture of drawing portrait - start with drawing by plaster model
- drawing a live model
- overview of anatomical bases that are essential to drawing a portrait
- explanation of the terms of the composition, proportion and proportional measurements, perspective
- line, space, light, shadow, space modeling in the picture with shadows
- ongoing consultations with the practical part
What is in a one-day workshop of drawing portrait?
- how to draw a portrait how to draw eyes, ears, hair, nose... and all this in context
- correctly look on the model means to new view
- shading / perspective / line / area
- drawing with red chalk, charcoal and pencil (for any advanced participants - watercolor, pastel)
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- How much? Membership fee C (1500 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org or Registration and prices
- Prepared dates: 17. 6. 2017
- This workshop is tought only in Czech.
The course is suitable for beginners or intermediate who don´t have anything to do with the world of art. It is for people who want to enrich their lives, to participate in their life a creative way of expressing or simply try something new and get inspired ...
As part of the lesson you will learn the basic of drawing procedures. Training is conducted as a group with a strong emphasis on individual consultation between you and the teacher. Our studio and its teachers are guaranteed a pleasant creative atmosphere, which is the basis for our teaching.