During the lecture you may introduce with the art of paper folding from its history to the present. We will describe the evolution of the popular origami trend – the fauna and flora – we will show abstract and mathematical models, minimalism, extreme origami, modular origami, origami influence on design, fashion, scenography and other design industry. We will show you options of paper and a visual presentation will also take a place in the lecture. It will all be supplemented by examples of original books from Japan and Western Europe.
The lector will also mention theoretical context of geometry and visual concepts related to the topic. The remaining part of the two-hour meeting will be practical. There you can try to compose several basic models from classical A4 paper format and also from Japanese square origami paper.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? Monday 20:15 - 22:15
- How much? Membership fee C (450 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org or Registration and prices