India ink painting is ready for artists who are interested in works of art as idea, mode of expression, or handwriting as the articulation of the body. The technique of india ink painting has been known in the form of simple contoured Egyptian paintings-drawings that makers record on a limestone fragments by brush of reed. Or we may admire the artwork and masterful study of Rembrandt´s brown ink, india ink painting of Nicolas Poussin, painting of George Straka. India ink painting stand out above all the work of Chinese and Japanese masters. Or you can inspire yourself by different ways of painting such as dripping, pouring, splashing by artist Jackson Pollock.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- How much? Membership fee C (1500 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation: email@example.com or Registration and prices
- Prepared dates: 26. 3., 7. 5. 2017
- This workshop is tought only in Czech.
We will draw on the traditions of Eastern india ink painting, calligraphy and western ink painting techniques. We admire eastern india ink painting especially as an art of immediacy, the painting reflects the character and resolve of the creator. The course takes you through its traditions, techniques, knowledge of materials for painting with india ink on paper, calligraphy, which is undoubtedly one of the best works of Eastern india ink painting. This traditional technique will be compared with western india ink painting, which is rather craft task.
The workshop is aimed at working with brush - we will learn how affects the way of painting holding the brush. A significant effect of india ink painting is the variability of the thickness of the stroke. we will try out how we can work with a brush - swiftly, smoothly, faster than a pen or pencil. During lessons we will also learn about the important choice of paper and india ink quality. The course should be an inspiration, the way to your own creativity and discovery in own work.
Program of the India ink painting workshop:
- initiation, introduction to the program, introduction to course participants and studio
- presentation of the basic course material (india ink, brush, paper)
- Eastern india ink painting
- performance calligraphy (Topic-painting as a manuscript)
- the brushwork
- form lines, rhythm, poetry
- ink, diluting india ink, painting with other materials (watercolor, acrylic)
- substrate (paper, other backgrounds)