We connect henna to the natural hair coloring, where are used its healing qualities - regeneration, hardening, skin care. For centuries henna was used not only for strengthen hair, but especially in the Middle East as a mean of beautifying the whole body with paintings as wedding or dancer’s tatoo.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 26, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 – 16:00
- How much? Membership fee C (1500 Kč)
- Utilities? All utilities are available in the studio
- Reservation: email@example.com or Registration and prices
- Prepared dates: 24. 6. 2017
Within the weekend meeting Mehndí (temporary henna skin decorating) we will get acquainted with the basics of natural henna painting. During getting over different styles of the painting – Celtic, Indian, Serbian, Berber… - and getting to know the different types of henna pastes we will discuss the symbolism and meaning of ornaments as perceived by different cultures.
Program of the Henna painting:
- the history of henna painting
- utilities and material
- basic pattern and symbols
- making your own designs (with templates or automatic painting)
- body painting (practical part)
- final consultation and evaluation
We will theoretically discuss the production of own bio henna paste which is very stable and the shape of the painted remain on the skin as well as 5 weeks. In this course we paint with purely natural brown henna paste on the skin that lasts about a week.