"Do you have a nice old painting that you would like to take good care of?
Did you find a gem in your attic or you simply want to know
how we should take care of paintings by ourselves at home?"
During our one-day restorer course we won’t make a professional out of you, this field is studied for several years and requires long practice. The aim of this course is to gain both theoretical and practical knowledge on the fundamentals of the art of paintings restoration. We will try introduce you to the ethics of restoration and humility to the original artwork. In the practical part of the course we’ll use a model painting to try out cleaning and retouching small defects of the paintings on canvas.
As a part of the coure, you may also bring your own old painting for consultation, if its size or value allows the transfer of the studio.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- How much? Membership fee C (1500 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org or Registration and prices
- Prepared dates: 4. 11. 2017
The program of the course of painting restoration:
- what constitutes a painting (basic layers of the painting)
- learn to distinguish different defect of the paintings, the ones that you can restore by yourself at home, and the ones that we should let for the restorer
- cleaning (according to the techniques, introduction to basic materials, cleaning the painting you brought with you or a model canvas )
- minor retouching work, appropriate retouching tools, various types of colors, basic teory of retouching
- practical exercise of retouching small defects of the model painting, or of the painting you have brought with you