“Do you have a bright vision of how a perfect T-shirt, dress, trousers or skirt should look like however no shop meets your expectations? You are not fond of common fashion that everybody else wears and you rather create your own original and individual models following your needs? Would you like to present your ideas, visions and thoughts but you do not know how?
In that case the creative course of fashion drawing and illustration is just for you.”
The course leaded by a professional fashion designer will guide you through the possibilities of presenting your ideas through pencil drawing, crayons drawing, sharpies drawing, wash drawing, watercolor or painting. As well as graphic editing on PC, taking pictures and web presentation.
The course of fashion drawing and illustration aims on creating and improving your own style and handwriting in the field of fashion, meaning presenting clothes on a figure. Fashion drawing is an integral part of fashion designing so the lecturer will lead you from the basics and ground rules up to finding your own path and signature author's style. You will study how to draw a correct silhouette, specific materials, figure and fabric movement and how to create a tread design using all sorts of techniques such as watercolor, collage or sharpies ...
- opening speech, introducing the basics of fashion drawing (history, theory)
- art techniques (artistic aides, bases, materials)
- drawing and painting, composition, perspective
- sketch versus painting
- human figure, anatomy and proportions
- black and white drawing
- colorful drawing and wash drawing
- mixed media
- presentation (portfolio, web, blog)
- final summary
During the course you will meet not only with the practical part but also with the theoretical one in which you will get the chance to understand the art techniques, history of fashion design and contemporary trends in presentations of clothing drafts. In simple terms you will dive into the world of fashion design from the very beginning as for instance drawing a figure to the presentation of your final product. At the end of the course you will own a portfolio of your original drawings and you will have knowledge which you will hopefully use for your better future.
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? Sunday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. / 19 lessons / 120 min
- How much? Adults: membership fee A (6800 CZK), Youth (till 18 yo): memebership fee B (4750 CZK)
- Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org or Registration and prices
The course attends just a couple of people stressing the individual approach, a choice of topic and intense help while working on a task. The course might be used as preparation for entrance exams.
What is the goal of the course? Structured and rendered manuscript, mastery of several drawing and painting techniques, anatomy knowledge of a human figure and its stylization, a sketchbook full of fashion sketches, illustrations, details and final models.
Course schedule - session by session:
- introducing the fashion illustration, types of techniques, figure proportions, basics of silhouette's´ sketches
- moving figures - changes of the center of gravity, capturing the walk, drawing of a live model
- focus on details of the figure - face and its rules, hands and fingers, shoes
- watercolor and its correct usage - mixing of skin tones and other concrete color tones, shading, hair, dry watercolor
- pastel technique- shades and color coating, clothes - volume and drapery
- models with concrete details and volumes, different types of materials - knitwear, transparent materials, shiny materials, technical sketches for the detail drawing
- male figure and its specifications - movement, details, clothes on figure
- your own tread design - collage, transformation to pc graphic, realization and creation in fashion drawing, clothes on a figure using varied materials
- speed-up drawing, final drawings according to your own inspiration using chosen techniques and style
Aids in the price: soft pencils, erasers, watercolors, watercolor paper, crayons, sharpies, different materials for collage, clippings from the magazines
Own sketchbook recommended.