"New technique that grabs you by the heart – water-mixable oil paints”
Are you shaking your head in disbelief? Cobra Water Mixable Oils are artist-quality oil paints that mix with water and yet behave just like traditional oil paints. The incredible advantage of Cobra oils is that they can be thinned and cleaned without toxic solvents. Using them protects your health and the environment.
During this oil painting course, each participant will get acquainted with the basic principles of classic and modern oil painting. Moreover, everyone will learn how to stretch their own canvas over a frame and learn to apply an isolation coat and varnish on it correctly. Students will also get familiar with various tools, different types of paint coating and techniques used in the oil painting.
Within a one day course we will try painting techniques like ala prima, impasto or transparent glaze. Students will become accustomed to using brushes, palette knives, sponges, etc... We will also show you the paint transfer technique, we'll learn how to combine the paints with various fillers and we’ll become familiar with the pigments and the main color mixing theory and techniques…
- Where? Fine Art Studio Balbínova 28, Praha 2 Vinohrady
- When? 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (with a break for lunch)
- How much? Membership fee C (1900 CZK)
- Utilities: All utilities are available in the studio for free
- Reservation: email@example.com or Registration and prices
- Prepared dates: 13. 5. 2017
It would be good if you brought a painting that you like with you. You will be using it as an inspiration for your new artwork. It is because when you are painting something you like or are familiar with, you will enjoy painting it and you’ll be successful with that painting. As a sample you can use a photography, illustration from a book or print of your favourite painting. The theme of your painting can be landscape, portrait, copy of a famous painting, photo from your vacation or an old family picture. Your painting can be focused on detail or you can paint the whole picture. We recommend you to bring the picture printed on a paper, as it is much better way to work than by looking at a phone or tablet.
- 10:00 – introduction and meeting the participants
- 10:15 – oil painting theory
- 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. – lunch brake
- 13:00 – painting and individual consultations
- 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – final group consultation
Oil painting course with Cobra paints are made possible by the kind sponsorship and generous support of our donor, Nielsen art supplies. Thank you!