Artistic embroidery, 6800 CZK - from 6. 2. 2018 - starting a new semester!
"Let's pause for a moment and build on traditional skill,
which our grandmothers still had ...
Let's paint with wool and a needle."
Regular meetings with the theme of "Art Embroidery" was idea which was created by the members of our studio. Embroidering was meant to be an "excuse" for meeting in peaceful atmosphere, thread a coloured wool needle, take a canvas or cloth in your hand and start to paint or create an artwork.
The process of embroidering requires our attention - we concentrate on the regular movement of the needle and the rush around us suddenly disappears. We consider embroidering as a form of relaxation, a form of training yourself to focus only on the present moment and a form of dedication your leisure time to nobody except you. Embroidering forces us to deny a mobile or a mouse, it exercises both our left and our right brain hemisphere.
Embroidering is for sure a tremendous tradition, it has accompanied us for thousands of years, in each period it has its own specific themes, usage or patterns - but the base remains unchanged to the nowadays - needle, thread, and human hands.
Embroidering gives us many benefits - teaches us concentration, develops creativity and intuition, calms us, improves the soft coordination of fingers and hand. Embroidering is a beautiful hobby; it's a simple form of spending leisure time - just a needle and a thread.
- Where? Art Studio Malování kreslení, Balbínova 28, Prague
- When? Tuesday 18:00 - 20:00 (10 meetings)
- How much? Membership fee A (6800 CZK), aids included
- Booking place: firstname.lastname@example.org or Registration and prices
The Meeting Program for Artistic Embroidery:
- basic 3 stitches, types of embroidery yarns, work with a embroidery hoop
- fill stitches, use of pre-drawing pencil
- choice of theme and material (embroidery, solution of a shearing, embroidered necklace or brooch)
- transferring the theme to the cloth, adjusting the theme, choosing the right stitches
- variation of basic stitches, working on own project, continuous consultation
- stitches to enrich your project
- work with accessories combined with embroidery, inspiration and motive choice
- working with beads, sequins and other creative embroidery techniques
- finishing your own project
- presenting your work, final photos and discussions
Application form for Artistic Embroidering
Please fill in the information below:
- summer holiday art camp
- trial lesson
- fine art studio
- art school
- Morning courses drawing and painting - parents and children
- preparation for entrance exams
- street art
- Drawing and painting for kids
- Semestral courses for kids
- pictures of custom
- conditions of studying
- Gift voucher
- About us
- application form
Kontaktujte nás! :)
Výtvarný ateliér Malování kreslení
Balbínova 28, Praha 2
tel: 777 422 022