Welcome to the Fine art studio! Recommended tools can be individually changed according to the consultation with teacher and according to the techniques and themes, which you will study.
Tools for drawing:
- 1x – pencil 8B, 6B, 4B, 2B
- 2x – plastic eraser (the blue or grey one)
- 2x – charcoal
- 1x – artificial charcoal
- 1x – red artificial charcoal
- 1x – Soft pastels set
- 1x – sharpener
- 1x – handkerchiefs
- 1x – paper adhesive tape (to fix the paper on the desk)
- 1x – fixative
Tools for painting: on your first lesson teacher will give you an advise what to buy:
- Acrylic colors – set of acrylic colors or individual colors
- Oil colors – set of oil colors or individual colors
- Turpentine, (1l, ideally odorless - eg. From Malzeit is cheaper than the Czech turpentine), Medium for slow drying, Medium for fast drying, Canvas on a frame or paper for oil painting)
- Paper towels or a soft absorbent cloth
- Brushes - different widths, both round and flat. You need to start around 10-12 brushes
- Ordinary glass as a cup for water
If you need any assistance regarding the purchase of equipment, do not hesitate to call us on 777 422 022 or write email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be very happy to advise you. The first lesson of your course is introductory and therefore it is possible to use it for consultation regarding the equipment.
For each lesson is good to have your own favorite mug – you can make some coffee or tea in the studio. Sometimes it's nice to make short break with coffee and look at the image with different eyes. Also, it's nice to think of "working painter 'clothing", just an old coat and baggy T-shirt to not be afraid of colors, which will lurk everywhere in the studio.